We at NCLEJ stand in solidarity with communities of color, immigrants, LGBTQ communities, low-wage workers, people with disabilities, and all others who are forced to wonder whether they still have a place in Donald Trump’s America. We declare it is our America as well, and NCLEJ, as it has for more than 50 years, joins with low-income families, individuals, and communities to continue to advance economic, social, and racial justice through litigation, policy work, and support of grassroots organizing across the nation.
NCLEJ is resisting and will continue to fight the Trump Administration’s harmful practices and policies that threaten the livelihood of low-income families including:
- Fighting against the Trump Administration’s attacks on low-income immigrant communities.
- Opposing Trump Administration key appointments to the executive and judicial branches.
- Challenging the Trump Administration’s efforts to dismantle the Affordable Care Act and the promise of health care for all.
- Combating the Trump Administration’s efforts to dismantle public benefits, consumer protections, disability rights, and worker’s rights.
- Partnering on calls to action, rallies, and trainings to respond to the Trump Administration’s actions.
The fight ahead of us will not be easy. But, we are heartened by the great John Lewis’s wisdom that “there will be progress, but there will also be setbacks. We must continue to have hope and be steeled in our faith that this nation will one day become a truly multiracial democracy.”
Give to organizations fighting for justice. Volunteer your time. Make your voice heard.
We know if we all stand together, we can prevail.